Lattice Semiconductor Corporation has announced the release of LCD-Pro, an advanced FPGA-based LCD video imaging and control solutions platform.
The LCD-Pro evaluation platform is based on the low-cost LatticeECP2
(TM) and LatticeXP2(TM) FPGA devices, and the UltiLogic family of graphics Intellectual Property (IP) Cores from Exor International. The LCD-Pro platform addresses a wide range of active matrix TFT displays from 2 inches to 23 inches, and enables rapid evaluation of advanced LCD video and touch-screen controller IP designed to accelerate time-to-market for manufacturers developing LCD video display and HMI (Human-Machine Interface) applications in automotive, consumer, white goods, building automation and industrial control markets.
Designed to provide comprehensive graphic processing functionality, the LCD-Pro platform incorporates a 2D graphics accelerator and can handle picture scaling and the cropping of real-time video. An I2C interface facilitates “plug-and-play” LCD connectivity while a backlight inverter provides ON/OFF and dimming control.
The LCD-Pro evaluation kit includes
- Carrier Board including 2x CVBS and 1x VGA Video Input Ports
- LatticeECP2-50 based FPGA module
- 7″ WVGA LCD Color Touch Display
- Color Video Camera
- 12 VDC Power Supply
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Adapter for Lattice JTAG Cable
- FPGA: LFE2-50E 5FN484C
- SPI Flash
- M25P32 – 4Mx8bit DDR Video Memory 64MB (32Mx16bit)
- 48MHz Oscillator
- JTAG port
- Analog circuits for A/D-D/A converters,
- Analog front end for Video Input,
- Universal LCD and Touch Screen connectors
For more information on the LCD-Pro evaluation kit, please contact us.