Ultra-Low Power Lattice sensAI Leads Mass Market Enablement of Artificial Intelligence in Edge Devices
New FPGA Solutions Open Doors for Rapid Deployment of Machine Learning Inferencing Across Broad Market IoT Applications Demanding Milliwatt Range Power Consumption
- Accelerates deployment of AI into fast growth consumer and industrial IoT applications including mobile, smart home, smart city, smart factory, and smart car products
- Optimized to provide ultra-low power (under 1 mW–1 W), small size, and production-priced (~$1-$10 USD) benefits of ASICs, with FPGA flexibility to support evolving algorithms, interfaces, and tailored performance
- Full-featured Lattice sensAI stack offers modular hardware platforms, neural network IP cores, software tools, reference designs, and custom solutions via partner eco-system
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC) has unveiled Lattice sensAI™ – a complete technology stack combining modular hardware kits, neural network IP cores, software tools, reference designs and custom design services – to accelerate integration of machine learning inferencing into broad market IoT applications.
With solutions optimized for ultra-low power consumption (under 1 mW–1 W), small package size (5.5 mm2 –100 mm2), interface flexibility (MIPI® CSI-2, LVDS, GigE, etc.), and high-volume pricing (~$1-$10 USD), Lattice sensAI stack fast-tracks implementation of edge computing close to the source of data.
“Lattice sensAI addresses the unmet need for flexible, low cost, ultra-low power AI silicon solutions suited for rapid deployment across a wide range of emerging, mass market IoT applications,” said Deepak Boppana, senior director, product and segment marketing at Lattice Semiconductor.
“By delivering a full-featured machine learning inferencing technology stack combining flexible, ultra-low power FPGA hardware and software solutions, the Lattice sensAI stack accelerates integration of on-device sensor data processing and analytics in edge devices. These new edge computing solutions build on our leadership in FPGAs for edge connectivity, implementing flexible sensor interface bridging and data aggregation in high-volume IoT applications, including smart speakers, surveillance cameras, industrial robots and drones.”
To address the computing opportunities at the Edge, Lattice’s sensAI stack includes the following:
- Modular Hardware Platforms – ECP5™ device-based Video Interface Platform (VIP), including the award-winning Embedded Vision Development Kit, and iCE40 UltraPlus™device-based Mobile Development Platform (MDP).
- IP Cores – Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) accelerator and Binarized Neural Network (BNN) accelerator.
- Software Tools – Neural network compiler tool for Caffe/TensorFlow to FPGA, Lattice Radiant™ design software, Lattice Diamond® design software.
- Reference Designs – Face detection, key phrase detection, object counting, face tracking, and speed sign detection.
- Design Services – Eco-system of design service partners delivers custom solutions for broad market applications, including smart home, smart city, and smart factory.
Please contact Allyanz today for further details on Lattice sensAI™, including samples & evaluation boards.
IS31FL3741, IS31FL3742 drive up to 351 LEDs and support individual LED lighting effect functions for creating a configurable array of color animation visuals with fault reporting
Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI), a leader in advanced memory and analog IC solutions, has announced a family of high performance LED drivers, IS31FL3741 & IS31FL3742 to support LED matrices consisting of 351 & 180 LEDs respectively.
With the introduction of these two devices, ISSI expands its FxLED driver family to offer the widest selection of matrix LED driver solutions for gaming, consumer and white goods applications.
ISSI’s LED matrix architecture provides designers with flexibility in controlling individual LEDs or an array of LEDs resulting in simplified color & dimming adjustment and lighting zone selection for a large array of LEDs.
The IS31FL374x family of matrix LED drivers integrates many advanced features such as a configurable matrix (row/column) architecture, global dimming, individual LED peak current control registers, individual LED PWM control registers, individual LED open/short fault detection; all accessible via a fast 1MHz I2C compatible bus interface.
Each LED has its own corresponding control and fault status register to provide individual LED color and dimming effects, de-ghosting and fault reporting for enhanced overall system performance and reliability.
LED matrix architectures typically experience a “ghosting effect” where an LED remains dimly ON due to a residual charge in the LED array matrix.
The IS31FL374x family eliminates this residual charge and therefore the ghosting effect.
“The growth in video gaming peripherals requires ever more customizable RGB LEDs synchronized to the gaming environment,” said Ven Shan, ISSI VP of Analog products. “ISSI’s latest family of matrix FxLED drivers provides peripheral designers with a feature rich, fast and flexible control of a large number LEDs; simplifying the integration and synchronization of the LED lighting effects for the high end gaming platforms.”
The signals required to support 351, or 180 LEDs are driven in a row/column multiplexed architecture which reduces device package size while resulting in fewer traces and minimal PCB area. The added advantage of driving LEDs in this row/column configuration is that no LED will ever be reverse-biased at any time thereby improving LED longevity. For applications requiring a huge array of LEDs, up to 4 IS31FL374x devices can be connected with one I2C bus.
Key features and benefits of the IS31FL3741, IS31FL3742:
- High LED Count – Up to 351 LEDs (39×9) matrix
- 1/9 Duty Cycle Scanning – Higher average LED brightness
- Theatrical Dimming – Three selectable smooth dimming scenarios for each LED
- De-Ghost Function – Guarantees LED is either fully ON or OFF
- Global Current Set – 256 steps Global Current Setting
- 8-bit Dot Correction – Individual 256 DC peak current control steps
- 8-bit Grayscale Control – Individual 256 PWM control steps
- Fault Detection – Individual LED open or short detection with system notification
- High Speed Interface – 1MHz I2C-compatible interface provides fast access to LED registers
- Industrial Temperature – Operating temperature range -40°C to +125°C for high reliability
Please contact Allyanz today for further details and support on ISSI’s range of LED drivers, including samples & evaluation boards.
Size & power matter.
World’s smallest, lowest power, most integrated mobile FPGAs.
- World’s most popular mobile FPGA – The iCE40 family has been designed into multiple generations of high-volume mobile and IoT edge applications, shipping at over 1 Million units per day.
- Reduce power, without compromising features – Extend battery life, while adding functionality to your designs using a unique, low-power FPGA architecture with integrated DSPs and large blocks of RAM.
- Free your designs from space constraints – Ultra small 1.4 mm x 1.4 mm x 0.45 mm WLCSP package removes all barriers to innovation and customization. Available in advanced 0.35 mm pitch package.
- Ranging from 640 LUTs to 5,280 LUTs
- Key IP for sensor buffering, display driver, IR, barcode, voice, USB Type-C, user ID, and more…
- Flexible I/Os for signal type and positioning interfaces enable optimized layout, with more distributed heterogeneous processing architecture (DHP) 48 MHz high performance oscillator, 10 KHz low power Oscillator
- Three 24 mA and one 500 mA current drive outputs used for RGB LEDs or IR LEDs
- Up to 26 I/Os for customized interfaces
- Up to 1.1 Mbit of single port RAM
- Up to 8x DSP blocks to support 16 x 16 Multiply
- I/O Support for I3X, MIPI D-PHY & more..
Please contact Allyanz today for further details and support, including samples or evaluation boards.
- Full Featured Tool Suite for Edge Applications – Lattice Radiant software, supporting iCE40 UltraPlus, offers all the best in class tools and features to help users develop their Edge applications effectively and efficiently.
- Predictable Design Convergence – Achieving fast and predictable design convergence requires the design software to have a complete unified environment. Lattice Radiant software addresses this need by enabling a unified design database, design constraints flow, and timing analysis throughout the flow.
- Unparalleled Ease of Use – To provide the best user experience, Lattice Radiant software brings the ease of use of an FPGA design software to a whole new level with a redesigned user interface.
- Industry standard IEEE 1735 IP Encryption and Synopsys Design Constraint (SDC) for maximum interoperability.
- Ease of design navigation and debugging enabled by integrated tools set environment.
- Simple “One Click” design implementation execution enabled by a new Process Toolbar.
- Complete close-loop physical to logical design implementation cross probing.
- Common message viewing console with effective classification and filtering capabilities.
- Download Software Below – Windows / Linux
- Install: follow the installation guide, found in Documents section below.
- License: determine which license type you need, then request it on our licensing page via the button below.
Please contact Allyanz today for further details and support on Lattice Radiant.
Forms Global Leader in Smart Connectivity Solutions.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:LSCC), a leading provider of
programmable connectivity solutions, has completed acquisition of
Silicon Image, Inc., a leading provider of wired and wireless
For the first time in the semiconductor industry, a single company now combines the design flexibility and time to market benefits of FPGAs, with the highly integrated, function and cost optimization benefits of ASSPs. The all-cash acquisition, valued at approximately $606.6 million (or approximately $466.6 million on an enterprise value basis), is expected to be immediately accretive to EPS on a non-GAAP basis.
Darin G. Billerbeck, Lattice Semiconductor’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Today marks an exciting day for Lattice, as we close our transformative acquisition of Silicon Image. We have significantly expanded our Company’s capabilities, with the addition of MHL, HDMI and 60 GHz Intellectual Property, enhanced our business prospects and financial profile, and further diversified our global customer base. We will move forward quickly in order to realize the compelling revenue and operating synergies created by our increased economies of scale. Our team has put in place a well thought through, comprehensive consolidation plan for an efficient integration and the achievement of our targeted cost synergies. We plan to work relentlessly over the coming years to rapidly deleverage through our increased free cash flow, and to achieve the full benefits of this major acquisition for our customers, shareholders and employees.”
For more information on how we can support your design with Smart Connectivity Solutions, please contact Allyanz.