Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC), has announced the release of a serial sub-LVDS bridge design to support the Sony IMX136 and IMX104 image sensors. The serial sub-LVDS format is expected to become Sony’s primary image sensor interface for embedded/industrial users.
This new image sensor bridge design utilizes the low cost, low power Lattice MachXO2(tm) PLD (programmable logic device) to interface to the serial sub-LVDS bus of the Sony IMX136 or IMX104 image sensor. Applications that can benefit from this design include Surveillance cameras, Video conferencing and Industrial cameras.
This image sensor bridge design allows an ISP (Image Signal Processor) with a CMOS parallel interface bus to connect to the Sony IMX136 or IMX104. The Lattice MachXO2-1200 device interfaces directly to the sub-LVDS I/Os and no external discrete components are required. The image sensor bridge application can support 1080P60 resolution with a 12-bit ISP interface.
If customers desire the full 1080P120 capability of the Sony IMX136 or IMX104, then the design code in the MachXO2 device can be modified easily to accommodate this. The image sensor bridge design is available now for download, and the MachXO2-1200 is in full production.
- Complete Reference Designs in MachXO2-1200 or XP2-5
- Designed to Emulate Parallel Sensor Output Bus Width of 10 or 12 Bits
- Serial sub-LVDS interface to CMOS SDR data
- Legacy sub-LVDS parallel DDR to CMOS SDR also available
- Tested with Sony IMX036 and TI DM812X at 1080p60
- Converts the Sub-LVDS Sync Commands to Line Valid and Frame Valid Signals
- Bridge Device Offered in Space-saving 8×8 mm 132-Ball csBGA. TQFP Packages Also Available.
- Requires No External PROM
- Parallel Interface can be Configured for 1.8V, 2.5V or 3.3V LVCMOS Levels
To obtain the Sony IMX136 or IMX104 serial image sensor bridge design files, visit http://www.latticesemi.com/products/intellectualproperty/referencedesigns/sonyimx036sensorwithsublv.cfm , or please contact Allyanz.